Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sat-Art-Day: 1960s

It's the last Sat-Art-Day in February already.  This year is flying by!  Unfortunately I spent all of today feeling achy and sick.  I hope I don't have the flu.  :(

I spent a lot of time looking at the clothes of Mad Men looking for 1960's inspiration and found so many cool designs.  I settled on a pink and white dress worn by Megan.  She's not my favorite character but I loved the color combination of this outfit.


For my manicure I used one coat of Salon Sciences Instant Artificials.  I then used two coats of Orly White Tips and applied HK Girl for my topcoat.  I let that dry for at least an hour before using v-tip guides to paint the dark pink, OPI Feelin Hot Hot Hot!  My original idea was to have the light pink at the edge of the nail, but then that seemed like too much work.  After painting on the dark pink I realized it was going to be easier if the dark pink was at the edge.  I then free-handed the light pink, OPI Mod About You, and freehanded some more Feelin Hot Hot Hot!  I applied a final coat of HK Girl and tried to do some serious clean-up around the edges.


I'll definitely be using this color combination again--it is so cute!  Thanks for reading and be sure to check out the other manicures.


No comments:

Post a Comment