Monday, January 28, 2013

Monkey See Monkey Do Monday: Leopard and Stripes

Happy Monday! Well, as happy as a Monday can be, anyway... I see so much great nail art on blogs, so I thought it would be a great idea to try to recreate some of them through Monkey See Monkey Do (MSMD) Monday.  Today's design comes from Rebecca Likes Nails who copied it from Chalkboard Nails. I would have never though to combine stripes and leopard print, but i love it! I actually matched my outfit to my nails today with a striped shirt and leopard print scarf. I think it's my new favorite outfit.

Now on to the nails. My stripes are not as crisp as I would like, but hopefully they will be easier to do once the striping tape I ordered gets here. The leopard print was really easy to do. I followed this guide from Swatch and Learn. I use OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons for the base of the leopard print nails with China Glaze Foie Gras and China Glaze Champagne Kisses for the spots.  China Glaze Liquid Leather was used for the spot outline and the black stripes. I used China Glaze White on White for the white stripes. Seche Clear and Seche Vite were used for base and top coats.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment