Friday, March 1, 2013

A Little Haul...

Happy Friday, everyone! I wanted to share the polishes I've bought over the last few days. I live in California and spring has officially sprung! The weather has been so nice this week, so naturally I needed to get polishes from the new spring collections! 

First up is Sally's. I called my local store on Wednesday to see when they were getting the Orly and China Glaze spring collections. They informed me that they had the Orly out and should be getting China Glaze on Thursday. I headed over there, but it wasn't out on the floor yet. When I asked an employee she was nice enough to bring it out of the back and let me pick what I wanted.  :)  The same exact thing happened with the China Glaze collection on Thursday. This might explain why the polishes I always wanted in older collections were gone by the time they got to the floor... lol.

I ended up buying two from Orly's Hope and Freedom collection and three from China Glaze's Avant Garden collection.


From left to right: Orly Elation Generation, Orly Coachella Dweller, China Glaze Fancy Pants, China Glaze Snap My Dragon, and China Glaze Mimosas Before Manis

Today after work I paid a visit to my JC Penney Sephora as I heard that they were having a sale on Illamasqua polish. I've never purchased any Illamasqua before as the polishes are normally $14, and if I'm going to pay that much it better be really special! I heard that the sale was 50% off, so I made a list of colors to look for. Unfortunately they only had one color on my list... but really that might have been a good thing since my untrieds are getting a bit out of control. The employees at the store didn't know anything about the sale, and I hadn't been able to find an official announcement about it. Luckily the girl ringing me up was super helpful. Some of the Illamasquas rung up as $7, but the one I wanted was ringing up full price. She was able to adjust the price for me though, so yay! I also got a sample of Philosophy Hope in a Jar, but I forgot to take a picture of it. :(

My first Illamasqua! Illamasqua Nomad

As you may have heard, coupons will no longer be accepted at Ulta for OPI polishes. Ugh! Luckily, I found out that JC Penney salons sell OPI for $8, BUT the price decreases to $6 when you buy more than one. And, honestly, when are you going to buy just one?? Once again, JC Penney impressed me with their customer service. Before I had even picked out any polishes one of the employees was offering me samples of hair styling products! Yes, please! :)  She gave me two 65 mL samples of Pureology Colour Stylist Silk Bodifier Volumizing Mousse. The full size is 300 mL and retails for around $26. So I got almost half of a full size bottle for free! She also gave me two 10 mL samples of Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment. This size normally retails for $6.50 on the MNO website, but she said they sell it for $6 in the salon. I can't wait to try these products!


The JC Penney salon had both the OPI Euro Centrale and the Oz collections out, as well as a good selection of older shades. I ended up finding four of the six NYC Ballet polishes from last spring, which I was super excited about! One of the Euro Centrale polishes I wanted was already sold out (Polka.com), so I will need to grab that one later. I only picked up one from the Oz collection as I've ordered two from an online retailer.

From left to right: OPI Lights of Emerald City, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!, OPI Pirouette My Whistle, OPI You Callin' Me a Lyre?, OPI My Pointe Exactly, and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu!

I was super impressed with the customer service this week at Sally, JC Penney Sephora, and JC Penney salon. I will definitely be going to back to JC Penney salon for OPI.  I'm waiting on some online orders (blog sale, Llarowe, and Color4Nails), so I may have to assemble another post like this soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment