Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Laid Back 31 DC: Day 10, Geometric


My first geometric manicure did not come out that great, so I opted to start from scratch. Since I am terrible at freehand art I wanted to do something easy, so I looked to Wikipedia for some geometric inspiration. Oh, and I also wanted to use jellies and star glitter. :)

"The field of astronomy, especially mapping the positions of the stars and planets on the celestial sphere and describing the relationship between movements of celestial bodies, served as an important source of geometric problems..."

Salon Sciences Instant Artificials, OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, Orly Flirty Girl, Nicole by OPI She's Lily Something, OPI Pirouette My Whistle, HK Girl

On all fingers except my ring finger I applied three coats of Orly Flirty Girl over my base (Instant Artificials). I then applied one coat of NOPI She's Lily Something (minimal fishing for star glitter!), applied one coat of OPI Pirouette My Whistle, and applied another coat of Flirty Girl. I applied HK Girl to seal it.

For my ring finger I used three coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, used one coat of HK Girl, and let it dry completely. I then used striping tape to make a triangle, applied one coat of She's Lily Something, and then a coat of HK Girl. I really loved how Don't Touch My Tutu looked on its own... so much so that I'm contemplating taking this off and doing a manicure of just Don't Touch My Tutu, lol!


I'm pretty happy with how delicate this looks. I really like the softness of the colors and how the silver glitters from Pirouette My Whistle look white under the jelly. I can't wait to see what the other women have come up with for this theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment