Sunday, March 24, 2013

Laid Back 31 DC: Day 15, Watercolor



This is my first watercolor mani! It turned out better than I expected. I used this tutorial from Rebecca Likes Nails. I did my index finger first starting with purple and green (Color Club Pucci-licious and Color Club Twiggie), which was a mistake as it turned out too muddy.  On my middle, ring, and pinky fingers I only used orange, pink, and yellow and it turned out much better. Keep reading to see how it turned out!



I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and applied two coats of HK Girl in order to protect the white base once I started doing the watercolor technique. Once it was dry I applied some blobs of Color Club Warhol (pink) and used a brush dipped in acetone to swirl it around the nail. Next I used Color Club Wham! Pow! (orange) and swirled it around, then finished it off with a bit of Color Club Almost Famous (yellow). Once it was dry I used HK Girl to smooth it out.




I definitely like how it looks with the brighter colors. You can see that my index finger is darker but I added some more pink and orange and it ended up looking better than it did before!


I was at Marshalls yesterday and found the Color Club Poptastic set for $9.99, so of course I had to grab it! Please check out the other manicures for today. Thanks for reading!

2 comments: